Monday, March 14, 2011

Denver Home Sales Steady, LISTINGS DOWN


I am always interested in the sales numbers folks publish at the start of the month. The truth is, some Realtors "forget" to post sales early in the month. Others who generate reports utilize the entire Metrolist data base, which is not just "Denver" property listings. Each month I attempt to give you what I see based upon 26 years of dealing with these numbers.




And what I see this month seems to continue some good news, as the new listing count has again fallen versus last year in metro Denver. All this while sales stay consistent. Take a look...

Admittedly, I do not report the Denver Condominium market, nor the listings nor sales of townhouses in Denver as I believe a single marker works for all. In other words, as single family home sale/listings go in Denver, so goes the rest of the real estate market.


And after 11 years of tracking these Denver Colorado statistics, I have noticed many statistical changes and errors on the part of those reporting the data. Some of the hardest to catch were the expansion of the Metrolist data collection area and creating a definition of "DENVER" versus Ft Collins, Boulder, and Colorado Springs. All are, in some portion, included in Metrolists database.

So, to quote the National Association of Realtors, all real estate is local, in Highlands Ranch, Englewood, Centennial or "Denver".


Just for the record I have been a full time licensed real estate broker since 1985. I go to work everyday for you & your friends, learning about our home town! It could be Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Littleton, Castle Rock, Centennial, Englewood, Parker, Elizabeth, Larkspur, Franktown, Kiowa, or anywhere in metro Denver Colorado. Talk to me for real estate advice, properties for sale, multiple listing service, all available at www.DenverRelocation.com. Drop me a note to pete@Denverrelocation.com

No comments: