Thursday, July 20, 2006

Denver's Market is muddling along

Monthly I like to do a review of statistics for the Denver market. The only way I can do this is by watching the number of homes that sell and the number of new listings that come on the market. I do this through out the metro area and include areas like Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Littleton all of Denver, and the suburbs.

Once again there is no drastic change to note. Sales are pretty steady for June the last 7 years, the real high being in 2000, which would not be a surprise to any seasoned real estate pro here in town.

Those were the days when getting the buyer a good deal meant getting there first. Today it means negotiating to 97 or 98% of the listed price. A buyer's agent should do better than "AVERAGE" by helping the buyer craft a strategy for their negotiations and a Seller's agent should be able to stand firm and not let little bits of motivation information slip out. That is one of the keys to protecting the Seller's assets.

I personally had a talk with a listing agent who dumped ALL the Seller's motivation in my lap. WOW! I wish I had some buyers for those properties.


Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Centennial, Englewood and metro Denver, Colorado real estate information is available at www.DenverRelocation.com including searches for properties and homes.

No comments: