Denver Realtor Pete Doty has been known to say
“If you waste my time, don’t expect me to hang out with you very long.” This could have been said by a buyer or seller or a real estate agent. Time is valuable and no one wants to waste their time. And certainly, in a hot market like Denver's, sometimes you cannot even wait until after lunch! This last spring was especially contentious getting in homes in Denver before they went under contract, much less getting an offer prepared. However, we did find a couple of strategies that got our offers accepted, and we are pleased to share them with our clients. And when we have out of town buyers, they need to bring their checkbook and be pre-APPROVED for a loan so when they see "it" it does not dis-appear before they get a chance to buy it. Denver sellers are just not in the mood to take a contingency either, so the current house needs to be under contract at least. Now builders who have a 6 month delivery may work with a buyer that has a house to sell, as long as there is a Realtor who knows the house they are leaving and has a good idea on the pricing...you cannot price 100k over value! So my advice is to read the rest of this and be ready to buy, when the time is right! Maybe toward the end of the year?
Most people can’t put their lives on-hold while they’re trying to buy or sell a home. Whether they have a family, a couple or single, life continues and the time constraints of moving can become burdensome.
Pete Doty is committed to helping you save time while making the experience memorable. He knows the process and the potential problem areas and can help you move through them.
To preserve your time and your agent’s, please consider the following:
- If your plans to buy or sell change, let your agent know.
- Be on time for appointments or if it is necessary, cancel them with as much notice as possible.
- Get pre-approved through a trusted mortgage professional.
- Cooperate with your loan professional by providing all requested documentation.
- Don’t wander into builder or REALTOR® open houses without your agent. If you find yourself in that situation, immediately notify them that you have an agent.
- Only talk to the other party through your agent until after closing.
Your agent is working to help you meet your goals. Things work best when it’s like a partnership where each party mutually respects the other and their resources including their time.