Lets talk pictures for a minute...have you ever gone on-line and dismissed a property simply because there were no pictures? A full time Realtor will know the system to get you the maximum exposure. You do not want your home discarded before it even really hits the market so make sure the marketing plan addresses this important issue.
CURB APPEAL for that 2nd all important drive by. Here are some tips from a good friend and marketing guru Darlene LiCastro:
- To enhance property, use the lawn rather than hiding it. A bag of weed & feed is a great investment.
- Repair the driveway. Cracks are normal, but un-attended cracks tell others you do not care.
- Have a clean garage and be sure to keep the garage door closed until the buyer inspects it.
- Remove all debris from the lawn and keep nicely trimmed and edged. Toys & lawn tools get stored
- Repair all damaged fencing. Loose boards are easy to nail back up.
- Replace any damaged paving blocks around the entrance .
- Make sure front is inviting and clean. NO cobwebs or sparrow nests.
- Kill mold and mildew on the house, sidewalks, roof, or driveway.
- Stow away unnecessary garden implements and tools.
- Clean windows and gutters.
- Pressure wash dirty siding and dingy decks.
- Trim tree limbs that are near or touching the home’s roof.
- Rake and dispose of leaves.
- Low voltage lighting along the driveway, sidewalks, and near important landscaping elements create the perfect evening curb appeal.
Pete Doty is a Full Time Licensed real estate broker since 1985 and lives in Highlands Ranch. "I go to work everyday for you & your friends, learning about our home town!" It could be Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Littleton, Castle Rock, Centennial, Englewood, Parker, Elizabeth, Larkspur, Franktown, Kiowa, or anywhere in metro Denver Colorado. Talk to me for real estate advice, properties for sale, multiple listing service, all available at www.DenverRelocation.com. Drop me a note to pete@Denverrelocation.com