Monday, March 24, 2008

About Me! Pete Doty, Denver Realtor

I was embarrassed the other day as a fellow I had just met at a mixer told me that I had a very likable and approachable personality and that it was a real gift! I agree that it would be, but when I am standing in a room full of people and no one talks to me, I feel invisible not approachable! One of the things I love to do is to greet folks at our church. I know I have a gift for that. When it goes beyond that I feel like a gangley teenager who just walked into a room of complete strangers. However, years of trying to do better at it seems to help and the real estate business seems to have drug me out of my shell. I am still uncomfortable in a room full of people and have to force myself to connect.


You already know I go to church and we are very active there. My other passion is for model trains. It is a strange hobby, yet there are parts that really fit together with the rest of my life. When I started the hobby I had just ridden the Silverton Train and was hooked by the "stack talk", the music a steam engine makes when it is pulling a train up a hill! And the scenery was amazing! I wanted that! The other thing I wanted was for me to be at home when my 2 daughters needed to visit or talk. Now a real estate agent's job is not at home all the time, but at least I was home for dinner almost every night. And they would come into the workshop and ask those questions that only a daughter will ask a Dad! So the choice of model railroading quickly became an obsession. Over the years I have moved from scenery, to operations...making the scene work and look real. Please take a look at my pages at http://www.denverrelocation.com/trains.html


When I got into real estate in Denver I had been in the oil & gas business for over 11 years, first as an engineering technician and finally as a land manager. I had plenty of contract writing experience, as well as title knowledge, but very little sales and almost no negotiating experience. I did not go to college to be a Realtor, nor did I ever plan such a move. It just happened. And since 1985 it has been a good life, full of challenges, and insights, ups and downs with the Denver market, and it has allowed us to support our daughters in their mission trips and, ultimately one's marriage in Scotland! Wow! Thank you God!


Now, entering my 23rd year in the business and with my own office and company in Highlands Ranch, I find the challenges the same, and different. I still need to meet people, but some much of that happens through my websites. One of my recent testimonials comes from a fellow who met me that way, and we helped him buy a place for his daughter, who is going to school here. Take a look at http://www.denverrelocation.com/testimonials.html . and read it for yourself. I also attempt to meet face to face with folks through the Denver Garden Railway Society, and the modelers at the South Suburban Division of the National Model Railroading Assn. We also bowl with some folks every week, as a fun way to get out and eat lousy food!

I have a standards page too! These are my standards and I attempt to live here each and every day. They start:

"My priorities in life are God, my family and my Church. My business reflects and supports these values".

Want to see the full page? go to www.denverrelocation.com/standards.html

And a final personal note, I always try to keep my humor out in front. It is just more fun. That is why the suspenders (my wife & kids got those for me years ago) and the itty bitty business card. I like to enjoy my business and hope you will enjoy the style.




So, if this kind of candor could be valuable to you or your friends, put my almost 23 years of experience to work for you, learning about your new home town! Whether it is Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Littleton, Castle Rock, Centennial, Englewood, Parker, Elizabeth, Larkspur, Franktown, Kiowa, or anywhere in metro Denver Colorado, we offer real estate advice, properties for sale, multiple listing service, property listings, mls, all available at www.DenverRelocation.com. Drop me a note to pete@Denverrelocation.com

No comments: