Saturday, February 24, 2007

Commute & House Hunting?

Commuting can be one of the first questions for any relocation buyer?
How far will it be to work?
Where are the good schools?
Where is the good shopping?
Where are the good neighborhoods?Let me direct your search so you have some of that information…specifically drive times.
The best question to ask is “what is the maximum acceptable commute time?” 10 minutes? 20 minutes? 30 minutes? Some folks feel an hour one way is acceptable.

So, I can develop for each family a “Commute Map” that shows the approximate driving time radius such as this 38 minute map to downtown Denver.

As to the other questions above. Some I cannot answer directly but rather can point you to information that would let you make your own decisions. For instance, I do not know where the best shopping is but I have driven past Nordstroms. I can only report the school test reports and point you towards some state and county resources at my website
http://www.denverrelocation.com/community_schools.html and you can decide where the “best schools are”.

Good neighborhoods are important especially when you think about resale (and I do). So one of the first things I will do for HOUSE HUNTER is to do a basic geographic orientation and then a “Chamber of Commerce” type tour to help you get your bearings; all throughout providing pricing or sale information about areas and neighborhoods we pass through. But one of the most important things for you to do is drive through those neighborhoods yourself, see who lives there and who comes and goes, if there are kids and dogs or not.

So, if this kind of service could be valuable to you or your friends, put my 22 years of experience to work for you, learning about your new home town!Lone Tree Colorado, Highlands Ranch Homes, Littleton, Castle Rock, Centennial, Englewood, Parker co, Elizabeth, Larkspur, Franktown, Kiowa, and metro, Denver Colorado real estate, property listings, mls, is available at www.DenverRelocation.com including, searches for properties and homes. Drop me a note to pete@Denverrelocation.com

No comments: