Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Do you REALLY understand the tax credit?

We've had many clients asking great questions about the first time buyer tax credit, how it applies to the Denver Real Estate market...and I wanted to be sure you had the answers.

Some basics for you:


Q: If I’ve owned a home before, does that mean I’m not a first-time home buyer?

As long as it has been three years since you’ve owned a home, you are considered a first-time home buyer; even if you own a rental but it is not your residence and you have not lived in it for the last 3 years!

Q: Do I really get up to $8,000, or is it just a tax deduction?

It’s really up to $8,000-in your pocket! You get the money when you file your tax return. (Some restrictions apply...call Lori at 720-200-6868 today for more details).

Q: I’ve been thinking about buying, how much time do I have?

The program ends November 30. Now is the time to buy!

You do not want to be caught in the last minute rush in today's lending climate.
Only 110 days left to get your qualifying transaction CLOSED!

Feel free to pass this information on to your friends and family...while there is still time to take advantage of this great opportunity. As always, we're here to help - so please call me with any questions you have.


A Full Time Licensed real estate broker since 1985 I go to work everyday for you & your friends, learning about our home town! It could be Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Littleton, Castle Rock, Centennial, Englewood, Parker, Elizabeth, Larkspur, Franktown, Kiowa, or anywhere in metro Denver Colorado. Talk to me for real estate advice, properties for sale, multiple listing service, all available at www.DenverRelocation.com. Drop me a note to pete@Denverrelocation.com

No comments: